A. Tumbuh Primary School 3 applies International curriculums :
- International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- Cambridge International Primary Program (CIPP) enriches English and Mathematics subjects
B. The International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
The International Primary Curriculum (IPC) is a comprehensive, thematic, creative curriculum for 5-12 year olds, with a clear process of learning and with specific learning goals for every subject, for international mindedness and for personal learning.
Subjects coverage of IPC used in Tumbuh Primary School 3 : Art, Geography, History, ICT, Science, Technology, Music, Society, International.
1. Type of Learning
- Academic Learning : The IPC Subject Learning Goals are the foundation on which the IPC was built. The learning goals cover the knowledge, skills and the understandings that children will develop.
- Personal Learning : The IPC Personal Learning Goals underpin each unit – they represent the attributes that we believe children will find essential in the 21st Century. They help children to develop those qualities that will enable them to be at ease with the continually changing context of their lives. The IPC has 8 Personal Goals :
- International Learning : The IPC’s International Learning Goals help children begin the move towards an increasingly sophisticated national, international, global and intercultural perspective and develop a sense of ‘international mindedness’.
2. The IPC Process of Learning
There is a distinct learning process with every IPC unit, providing a structured approach to make sure that children’s learning experiences are as stimulating and rigorous as possible.
3. Assessment for Learning
• specific skills assessment for Mileposts 1, 2 and 3
• a rubric for teachers and children
• tracking through beginning, developing and mastering