Tumbuh Primary School 3 develops the National Curriculum that is school-based curriculum with enrichment on the content of learning materials that adjusted to the needs of children and the context of school, family, culture, and the world.
1. National curriculum :
- Preparatory – Grade 5 : Kurikulum 2013
- Grade 6 : KTSP 2006
2. Subjects :
- National subjects : Bahasa Indonesia, Social Studies, Civics, Religion, Physical education
- Local subjects : Javanese culture, Traditional art
- Self Development subjects : ICT, Self Protection Education, English Literacy, Literasi
B. Learning support programs :
- Monday Assembly: children gathered together in every Monday morning at 07.30 – 8.00 to take part in activities including singing Indonesian Raya songs, honoring flags, reading Pancasila and studying a specific topic that is contextual.
- Classtrip: visits to places that can be a source of learning for children.
- Resource person: invite people with specific knowledge and skills to be a source of learning for children, e.g painters, journalists, farmers, and others.
- Ipad learning program : learning activity uses computer tablet (Ipad) as media to support students in learning.
- Children’s market : children learn entrepreneurship by selling their own work or product.
- Multiage activity: joining higher or lower classes to develop peer-tutoring skills, cooperation, language, and more.
- Multicultural education : school program that embraces multicultural values.
- Library visit: visit to the library to do book browsing activities, project using i-pad, make reviews or other tasks.
- Anti bullying education : school program that educate children how to prevent bullying and respond effectively.
- Parents participation: parents teach in the classroom at the end of the semester in accordance with their areas of expertise.
- Family books collection: children take turns carrying a collection of books from home in order to share and become a reading material for other children.
- Swimming: swimming activities performed during sports lesson once a month.